Climbing safety is a top priority at Walltopia, which is why we founded Safety Engineering - a research and development company aimed at meeting the growing demand for safety related products for climbing activities. Check out some of Safety Engineering's products below:
The Self Belay is an innovative climbing connector, which increases safety in climbing and adventure centers by allowing users to climb only when they are properly attached to the device. The connector cannot be opened accidentally or on purpose during climbing - users can connect to and disconnect from the device only when they are on the ground. The Self Belay not only contributes to climbng safety, but also helps climbing gym operations by reducing the number of required staff members. Participants as young as 5 years of age can use the device on their own.
Why the Self Belay?- Easy to use by even the smallest climbers
- Precludes the possibility to clip in the wrong place of the harness
- Reduces staff members
- Ensures higher overall safety in the facility
- Compact, yet durable design
- Compatible with both textile webbing and steel wire rope autobelay devices
- Has 360º swivel action to eliminate webbing/rope twisting
- Meets and exceeds the standard EN 362:2004T Personal protective equipment against fall from a height – Connectors
The OnBelay Device is Safety Engineering’s response to managing risk and reducing operational costs in climbing centers.
It is a hydraulic automatic belaying device that eliminates the need for a belayer. The device automatically retracts the cable during ascent and controls the climber's speed during descent, or in the event of a fall.
Why the OnBelay?
- Attracts more beginner climbers