Few people are aware of the role engineering plays in climbing.At Walltopia, though, we have always had a strong and dedicated R&D team, which grew into an independent company focused on climbing safety - Safety Engineering. Check out some of Safety Engineering's products below :
- Self Belay
The Self Belay is an innovative climbing connector, which increases safety in climbing and adventure centers by allowing users to climb only when they are properly attached to the device. The connector cannot be opened accidentally or on purpose during climbing - users can connect to and disconnect from the device only when they are on the ground. The Self Belay not only contributes to climbng safety, but also helps operations by reducing the number of required staff members. Participants as young as 5 years of age can use the device on their own.
Features at a glance:
- Compact, yet durable design: size and weight comparable to triple-action carabiners currently in use
- Compatible with both textile webbing and steel wire rope autobelay devices
- 360º swivel action to eliminate webbing/rope twisting
- Meets and exceeds the standard EN 362:2004T Personal protective equipment against fall from a height – Connectors
The OnBelay Device is Safety Engineering’s response to managing risk and reducing operational costs in climbing gym centers.
The OnBelay is a hydraulic automatic belaying device that eliminates the need for a belayer. The device automatically retracts the cable during ascent and controls the speed during descent or in the case of a fall.
Onbelay is a great long term investment:
- Attracts more single and beginner climbers;
- Reduces the staff needed;
- Is fully redundant;
- Has low maintenance costs;
- On-site serviceable;
- Needs minimum downtime – no annual shipment of the auto belay device for re-certification;
- CE certified by DEKRA Exam;
- The only European air over hydraulic hydro-pneumatic auto belay;